Prep Time: ~15 minutes
Cooking Time: ~16 minutes
Servings: 10"x14" pizza
1 pound pizza dough
1-1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
4 ounces diced pancetta (can also use bacon or ham if pancetta is not available), cooked and drained
1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly flour a work surface.
- Pat and stretch dough into a 10 x 14-inch oval; place on a large baking sheet.
- With a fork, pierce dough in several places.
- Leaving a 1-inch border, sprinkle dough with half the mozzarella, the gorgonzola, pancetta and red onion.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Sprinkle blueberries and remaining mozzarella over pizza; bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, about 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven; top with basil and pepper.
Recipe courtesy the US Highbush Blueberry Council