Prep Time: Less Than 30 minutes
Servings: Enough for about 1 lb of meat
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced, leave seeds for extra spice
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups raspberry, pureed (about 2 small containers)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan, warm the oil, over low heat, until hot and shimmering. Toast the cumin seeds; be cautious as the oil can splatter.
- Once the splattering stops, add the onions and serrano and a little salt, to taste. Saute until they soften but don't let them get any color. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients. Simmer about 10-15 minutes until it has thickened.
- Heat the BBQ to medium, then slather on your meat to your taste.
Derived from a recipe on popsugar.com