Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lemon1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk, (see Tip)1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour, or whole-wheat pastry flour (see Shopping Tip)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) raspberries
Make Ahead Tip: Wrap each in plastic and freeze in a freezer bag for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap muffin in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30 to 60 seconds.
Tip: No buttermilk? Mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice into 1 cup milk.
Shopping Tip: White whole-wheat flour, made from a special variety of white wheat, is light in color and flavor but has the same nutritional properties as regular whole wheat. Whole-wheat pastry flour can be used as a substitute here. Both can be found in the natural-foods section of the supermarket or online from King Arthur Flour, bakerscatalogue.com.
Thank you to EatingWell.Com for this recipe.