Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Cooling Time: 15 Minutes
1/4 c. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 c. whole wheat pastry flour, spooned and leveled
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. fine salt
3/4 c. 2% milk
1/3 c. agave syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
4 c. fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place butter and oil in a 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet or 9 by 13 inch ovenproof baking dish.
- Transfer to oven to heat, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add milk, agave syrup, and vanilla to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove the hot skillet or baking dish from oven. Add butter oil mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Return batter to the hot pan, and spoon blueberries over top.
- Bake until brown and batter has risen up and around the fruit, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe courtesy of Country Living