Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds beef tri-tip
- 1 pinch olive oil
- 1 pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, crushed with a press
- 12 ounces blueberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cups brandy
- Rub beef with oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Grill to desired doneness and let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice meat if desired. Place on a warmed platter and keep warm while preparing sauce.
- Combine blueberries, butter, thyme and sugar in a medium skillet or saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring and pressing berries to release juices until sauce starts to thicken.
- Stir in remaining berries and bring to a simmer.
- Add brandy; remove from heat.
- Immediately light with a long handle match or lighter. Swirl and pour berries over meat while flames die down (do not pour brandy directly from bottle).
- Serve warm.